Saturday 16 August 2014

I surrender all


In my journey into spiritual maturity, I have learnt that we experience somethings that helps us to define our character and attitude towards God and people. One attitude that God has been teaching me in my journey 
is the attitude of  surrendering to His will. 

There was a situation in my life that I had been praying desperately for and looking for signs from God in every way. Although, I had not heard a clear word from God on it, I was determined to pray every promise in the bible concerning this situation.

Until God used an innocent book review from someone to open my eyes. I realised that I wanted this so much that I was blocking hearing God's voice on the matter...was I wanting something so desperately that I was trying to make my will God's will? I had prayed, fasted, enjoined, requested, decreed, bonded, loosed, prophecy yet no answer.


God revealed that when I was ready to surrender to the will of God for my life, I will get a response; when I surrender this (and every) situation in my life to Him, I will know His will and I will have peace in all things.

The key is surrender... Now I have laid down this situation on the altar. I still pray His promises concerning this situation but the difference now is that I am not trying to pray my will but His. I have surrendered it all to Him. I have peace that is indescribable because I know He is able to perfect all that concerns me and the plan He has for me is for good not evil.

How about you? Have been waiting on the LORD for an answer to an issue for a while.  You know what? Just surrender that problem/issue/situation/whatever to Him... See your worry disappears and the answer will come sooner than you can imagine.

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment