Saturday 30 August 2014

What do you see?


You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me! (‭Psalms ‭139‬:‭16-18‬ NLT)


It is easier to hear it than to really believe it especially when life is dealing you with one of it's mighty blows. It is tempting sometimes to accept our negative circumstances as part of God's plan. I have heard some people say that if God already had their lives mapped out, then their 'bad' lot in life is their destiny!

But is it?

I read Psalm 139, and I see myself as God's creation; made for a purpose, formed with a deliberateness that was unique, carefully knitted together and completed with gifts and abilities. 
I see my life thoughtfully defined with precious thoughts; too numerous to be counted. 
I see my life  watched over by God - He goes before and behind me.
I see His hand of blessing on my head.
I see His hand guide me.
I see His strength support me
I see Him with me when I wake up each day.

What about you? Do you see only your circumstances? You will only see what you focus on.

Your 'bad lot'' in life is not your destiny. God created you for His glory. Jeremiah 29:11; For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. His thoughts towards you are precious.

He has done His part, you need to do yours.

Soak yourself in His words; Believe it and see it become your reality. It is working for me.

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment