Friday 31 July 2020

#Wordfortheweek Week 30 #Direction


‘So, he, trembling and astonished, said, “Lord, what do You want me to do?”’  Acts 9:6 NKJV

As a young Christian, I used to be fearful of praying for the will of Elohim God to be done.  In fact, I resisted giving my life to Him completely because I felt the standard expected as a Christian would be too high for me to meet.

As I grew in faith, I realised that we cannot live as a believer without following the will of Elohim. My desires sometimes take precedent in my prayer request. I want God to affirm my wants rather than His will.

In the battle for Jericho, Joshua sought the Lord and He gave Joshua specific direction on what to do and how. Joshua followed this to the letter and he was victorious. One of the miracles of God at the time.

Sometimes we take God for granted and make assumptions. Joshua did not seek direction from God before he mustered a small number of warriors to battle with the kingdom of Ai. He relied on his previous experience with Elohim. I believe if he had, God would have told Him about the accursed thing and instructed what to do.

Paul’s experience is worth noting. After his extraordinary encounter with Jesus, he asked “Lord, what do You want me to do?” He got it right from the start!


The journey to spiritual maturity is dependent on following the direction of Elohim by His Holy Spirit. Take a pause, ask for direction before you step out.

#Prayerfortheweek
Almighty father order my steps. Guide and lead me in Your righteous path for Your name sake. Show me Your ways by Your words.  Help me not to divert to my own way for my desires. Let Your will be my heart’s desire all the days of my life.  In the name of Yeshua Jesus Christ. Amen

I pray that this inspires you to reflect on your relationship with Elohim and be determined to be more and do more for Him each day.
#AdeolaAkintoye©
#ajourneytospiritualmaturity2020


No comments:

Post a Comment