Friday 31 July 2020

#Wordfortheweek Week 31 #Accolade


Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16 NKJV


A few years ago, a dear friend of mine told me that she had nominated me for an award. I was pleasantly surprised, and it felt good for my work to be acknowledged in that way.  On the day of the award I felt proud and happy. And then I felt myself starting to think about how nice it would be to get more.

There is something self-satisfying about the acknowledgement of man and the accolades accompanying it. Once you had a taste of man-honour you want more.  As we start accumulating awards, there is always the danger of the inflation of our ego with it.

In my journey to spiritual maturity, I have read many times about pride in the holy scriptures. I have realised that there is a fine line between humility and pride.

When you start seeing and thinking about yourself, that is the danger sign for pride. I had to remind myself that I can do nothing without my Elohim God. Whatever accolade or honour I receive from mankind belongs to Him. I am representing Him on earth. Whatever I do is to showcase His praise.

There is nothing wrong with being honoured. It is not our purpose to accumulate awards but to bring glory to our Almighty God.

As you continue in your spiritual journey, keep on the good works but point all to Yeshua and give Elohim all the glory and accolades.

#Prayerfortheweek
Almighty Father, thank You for the gifts and abilities you have put in me. Help me to use it for good works, that all may see You in me and glorify Your Holy name.  In the name of Yeshua Jesus Christ. Amen

I pray that this inspires you to reflect on your relationship with Elohim and be determined to be more and do more for Him each day.
#AdeolaAkintoye©
#ajourneytospiritualmaturity2020


No comments:

Post a Comment