Sunday 29 April 2018

#WordforToday 24 April 2018 Grow Up



When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
I Corinthians 13:11 NKJV

I was really impressed and inspired recently when my eldest daughter sent me a text asking, "In what area of my life do you feel I may need a little work or guidance?"

Wow I thought, my baby girl has grown to be an inspiration. I told her asking for feedback is one of the evidence of a self-aware leader and she must be ready to take whatever she gets with a thick skin. Because really good and constructive feedback might be (very) painful. And there will be the temptation to self-defend and make excuses. But if she can take it, reflect on it and learn from it, she will be better for it.

Not many people would willingly seek feedback about their character. It might mean confronting their weaknesses. It is easier to focus on other people's or blame others for our own shortcomings.

Now, it is very easy to always blame someone else for many things that is not going well in our life, in the community, even in the world.

Blame game is a sign of childishness and immaturity. An adult take responsibility for their action and inaction. A child always blame someone else even when caught red-handed.

As a Christian, it is time to grow up and put away childish things. If you think you are perfect, just ask others for a feedback. You will be surprised.


#PrayerforToday
Give me the grace Jehovah, to put away childish things. In Jesus name. Amen.
PS: Blessed birthday baby girl.

It is the will of the everlasting Father that you may have everlasting life through Jesus. See Him in the Holy Scriptures, believe in Him and He will raise you up on the last day ‭‭John‬ ‭6:40‬ ‭NKJV

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ).



No comments:

Post a Comment