Monday 9 April 2018

#WordforToday 09 April 2018 Short in stature but tall wisdom

And he sought to see who Jesus was, but could not because of the crowd, for he was of short stature. Luke 19:3 NKJV

Spiritual maturity insights from Luke chapter 19 verses 1 - 9


http://www.ebibleteacher.com/chalmers/zacchaeus.html
Then Jesus entered and passed through Jericho. Now behold, there  was a man named Zacchaeus who was a chief tax collector, and he was rich. This man had material wealth. He was at the top of his profession - not just an ordinary tax collector but a chief tax collector.

And he sought to see who Jesus was, but could not because of the crowd, for he was of short stature. Despite his wealth, his position he knew there was something missing in his life. He would have heard about Jesus - how he was changing lives; the blind seeing, the lame walking, how mute spoke with understanding, demons cast out, even sins forgiven. He wanted to physically see this Jesus but he was limited, by his stature with the throng of people around Jesus. How many of us want to see Jesus but are limited by our circumstances, situation, location - natural or self-made. How we react is dependent on how desperate we are. And Zaccheus was a desperate man. I like him. He did not use his position or wealth - by holding a feast and inviting  Jesus to dinner. What did he do?

So he ran ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see Jesus, for He was going to pass that way. The rich man ran as fast as his short legs could carry him, undignified and without care of how it looks. He saw a tree and he climbed it. Surely not a sight to behold for someone rich with an important position in the society. But he didn't care. He had a mission to see Jesus. Oh the joy of seeing Jesus. He did not mind what people would say. He wanted to see Jesus. How passionate are you about seeing Jesus. Is your position or  wealth preventing you from doing whatever it takes to see Him?

And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up and saw him, and said to him, “Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house.”  Zacchaeus
http://www.redeemingriches.com/2009/11/08/money-jesus-zacchaeus-generosity/
got more than he expected. He just wanted a sight but he got full attention and a visitation. Glory Hallelujah. Jesus sees our heart. How desperate is your heart for Him? Is it enough to make Him stop and visit with you? I can imagine Zacchaeus' joy. He would have laid out the  best dishes, cooked the fattest of lamb, the most expensive wine - after all he was loaded.


So he made haste and came down, and received Him joyfully. But when they saw it, they all complained, saying, “He has gone to be a guest with a man who is a sinner.”  Thank goodness, Jesus came for us sinners. He came to seek us and save us.

Then Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord, I give half of my goods to the poor; and if I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I restore fourfold.” 
This verse says a lot about the character of this man. He had compassion. He was a man of integrity. He gave to the poor makes four-fold restitution even before his encounter with Jesus. His heart and character were in line with Kingdom standard. He was also a humble man - it takes humility to make restitution in my opinion. He could boldly challenged those that called him a sinner. I wonder how many of them could say the same like him.

No wonder Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham;  for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.” 
Luke 19:1‭-‬10 NKJV .

This story inspired me to check my heart, the work of my hand, the depth of my determination to see Jesus; not letting any limitation in my life be an hindrance to running the race and seeing Jesus. I am encouraged that Jesus came to save me and through Him become a son of the Father.

How about you?

#PrayerforToday 09 April 2018
Almighty Father, Help me to check my heart, the work of my hand, that I may not be found wanting in Your Kingdom. Help me not to let any limitation in my life be an hindrance to running the race and seeing Jesus. Let my enemy not find anything in my life that will bring reproach to Your holy name. In the name of Jesus I have prayed Amen


It is the will of the everlasting Father that you may have everlasting life through Jesus. See Him in the Holy Scriptures, believe in Him and He will raise you up on the last day ‭‭John‬ ‭6:40‬ ‭NKJV

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ).
#AdeolaAkintoye ©





No comments:

Post a Comment