Sunday 14 January 2018

#WordforToday 14th January Are you short sighted?

“Then Lot said to them, “Please, no, my lords! Indeed now, your servant has found favor in your sight, and you have increased your mercy which you have shown me by saving my life; but I cannot escape to the mountains, lest some evil overtake me and I die. See now, this city is near enough to flee to, and it is a little one; please let me escape there ( is it not a little one?) and my soul shall live.”” Genesis 19:18-20 NKJV

Lot was one of the luckiest men during his time. He was lucky to be the nephew of Abraham who adopted him. His association with Abraham gave him access to wealth, and most importantly he got to know the God of Abraham.

However Lot was a man of short-sightedness. When he had the option to choose land, he chose by sight not foresight. Because of Abraham’s intercession, he was saved from Sodom and Gomorrah. The angels even had to drag him by the hand when he was hesitating.

Lot was told to escape to the mountains. He begged for the plain. He had the opportunity to be far from a land of destruction. He begged to stay connected to his Sodom and Gomorrah. He had a big vision in his grasp, he begged for a little one. He knew God but he limited God in his life. Instead of Zion he chose Zoar - meaning "small" or "insignificance" in Hebrew (a "little one" as Lot called it).

Are you like Lot? Despite your faith, you are not able to see beyond the now. Despite having a BIG GOD you are content with little. Your life is full of ‘buts.’ You limit the grace of God upon your life with your buts. You settle for the plain instead of the mountain of God. 

Don’t end up like Lot. Like my spiritual mentor Apostle George Akalonu says its time to Awake! Arise! Align! Advance!

#PrayerforToday 14th January 2018 
Almighty Father, in the name of Yeshua Ha Mashiach, my Lord and Savior I pray. I will not be short-sighted to Your purpose for my life. I will not limit You in my life by my negativity, fear and cowardice. May Your grace never be limited in my life. Amen

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ).

#AdeolaAkintoye ©

No comments:

Post a Comment