Friday 12 January 2018

#WordforToday12th January 2018 Get behind me Satan!


“And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. He spoke this word openly. Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him. But when He had turned around and looked at His disciples, He rebuked Peter, saying, “Get behind Me, Satan! For you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.””
Mark 8:31-33 NKJV

Whoa! How can Peter have Satan in him when he had just declared Jesus as Christ! I can imagine why Peter would react so badly to the news that Jesus was going to be killed. I think the fact that he also said he would rise again after three days did not register with Peter. How can someone who has been performing miracles, signs and wonders be killed? No it was not possible. 

I can also imagine Peter telling Jesus that no one would dare touch him in his (Peter’s) presence (we know Peter used his sword and cut off the high priest servant’s ear during Jesus arrest John 18:10).

Many Christians love life easy. We want things to be rosy and comfortable. Bible students will know that followers of Jesus were not promised easy, rosy, comfortable life. Jesus warned “...In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”John 16:33 NKJV

Jesus was very clear he had to die and rise again for the salvation of many. He had the knowledge and understanding of what he was about to endure so he had peace with it. He also spoke to the disciples about it so that in Him they may have peace.
   
When you are going through trials and challenges, or if you receive a prophetic word about coming trials don’t immediately start rebuking it like Peter. Seek the Almighty first to understand His purpose in this. Then pray effectively not amiss. Do not let Satan use you to truncate God’s purpose for your life.

#PrayerforToday 12th January 2018
Almighty Father, in the name of Yeshua Ha Mashiach, my Lord and Savior I pray. Give me the grace to seek Your face to understand Your purpose for my life.  Help me to glory during tribulations for the gospel, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Thank You for Your love that has been poured out in my heart by the Holy Spirit You gave to me. Amen

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ).

#AdeolaAkintoye ©


No comments:

Post a Comment