Sunday 21 January 2018

#WordforToday 21st January 2018. Worth saying goodbye to...?


 “And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil...Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head. You gave Me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss My feet since the time I came in. You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil. Therefore, I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.”” Luke 7:37-38, 44-47 NKJV

Jesus’ testimony about the woman with the alabaster flask of fragrance oil has stood the test of time. A woman labelled sinful; who was aware of her sinfulness but came weeping on the feet of Jesus. She knew he was the only one who could forgive all her sins.

And they were many, yet all was forgiven. The extent of this forgiveness made her love much.  The response of this woman to Jesus even before he died made me reflect on my response to him, given he died for me, to redeem me from the bondage of sin.

What is your response to Yeshua Jesus who died so that you might live? Do you love much or little?

The worth of the death of Jesus Christ is not something we can fully comprehend until we get to eternity.  Jesus had to die (in the physical flesh) that you and I might have (eternal) life in the spiritual. His sinless life was the ransom (exchange) needed for our sinful life. His death was the sacrifice to redeem us from the Kingdom of darkness and the bondage of sin.

If we truly understand the worth of the death of Jesus all of us will take live out our Christianity without compromise. We would treasure our new life in him and guard it jealously.

Anytime the old man (life) tries to rear its ugly head we would slam it back to the pit of hell where it belongs and declare; “Old man sin don’t live here anymore. There is no vacancy. Walk on by!”

Is the death of Jesus worth your goodbye to sin…forever?

#PrayerforToday 21st January 2018.

Almighty Father, Thank You for Your love for me. Thank You for forgiving me much. Help me to understand the worth of what Yeshua did for me. Help me to say no to sin permanently. In the name of Yeshua Ha Mashiach, my Lord and Saviour I pray. Amen

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ).
#AdeolaAkintoye ©

No comments:

Post a Comment