Tuesday 16 January 2018

#WordforToday 16 January 2018 Stiff-necked are you?

Then the Lord said to Moses, “Depart and go up from here, you and the people whom you have brought out of the land of Egypt, to the land of which I swore to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, saying, ‘To your descendants I will give it.’ And I will send My Angel before you, and I will drive out the Canaanite and the Amorite and the Hittite and the Perizzite and the Hivite and the Jebusite. Go  up  to a land flowing with milk and honey; for I will not go up in your midst, lest I consume you on the way, for you are  a stiff-necked people.” 
Exodus 33:1-3

The Israelite were a family turned into a nation by God Himself. He gave them their name and everlasting promises. He led them by His mighty hand out of he land of slavery and bondage. He performed might miracles the world had never seen before. Yet these people continued rebelling time and time again.


In the above passage, God still intended to keep His covenant He swore to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. But, He will no longer go in their midst because they were a stiff-necked people. They had forfeited His glorious presence because of their continuous disobedience.
They will still go to the promised land but not with His presence. They were not going to Have Him but His angel.  Who would you rather have with you - Almighty Himself or His angel. Please, no context.

Are you like this stiff-necked people? Despite the manifested goodness of God in your life, do you keep testing God's patience with your continued rebellion? When you continue in disobedience to the word of God and keep going back to Him with tears and running nose asking for forgiveness and pleading bucket load full of the blood of Jesus, what is the difference between you and the stiff-necked Israelite? 

Are you content with the presence of angels instead of the ALMIGHTY God Himself? Make no mistake Elohim can not abide sin.


#PrayerforToday 16 January 2018

Almighty Father, in the name of Yeshua Ha Mashiach, my Lord and Savior I pray. Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. Amen 

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ).

#AdeolaAkintoye © 

No comments:

Post a Comment