Sunday 21 January 2018

#WordforToday 20th January 2018. What is the worth?

“And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil...Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head. You gave Me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss My feet since the time I came in. You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil. Therefore, I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.”” Luke‬ ‭7:37-38, 44-47‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Just imagine the scenario- The woman with the alabaster flask of fragrance oil stood at the feet of Jesus weeping. She knelt down and started washing his feet with her tears, wiped it with her long tresses and then gently rubbed with the oil after kissing his feet. Everyone at that table would have been looking at her in amazement. Who is this? We know she was Mary the sister of Lazarus (John 11:2). 

What did Jesus do for her that the remembrance of it brought so much tears enough to wash his feet? (We know after this incident from the Gospel of John 11, that subsequently Jesus became friends with her and her sister Martha and brother Lazarus who was raised from the dead). 

She understood her sinfulness and the worth of any forgiveness which only Jesus could give her. Amazingly, this woman did not ask for anything but to show the depth of her love for Jesus. Nevertheless, her sins were forgiven (Luke 7: 48) because of her faith. Her act, demonstrated how much Jesus meant to her. Someone referred to as a woman who lived a sinful life; like you and I. 

What is your response to Yeshua Jesus who died so that you might live? Do you love much or little?

(to be continued)

#PrayerforToday 20th January 2018.
Almighty Father, Thank You for Your love for me. Thank You for forgiving me much. Help me to understand the worth of what Yeshua did for me. Help me not to misuse Your grace in my life. n the name of Yeshua Ha Mashiach, my Lord and Savior I pray. Amen

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ).
#AdeolaAkintoye ©







No comments:

Post a Comment