Tuesday 9 January 2018

#WordforToday 9th January 2018 A lifestyle of good eating habit


“And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.” Genesis 1:29 NKJV
After a period of raw food - vegetables and fruit fast and prayer a sister shared her awesome health testimony with me. The key lesson from this testimony was how the eating of unprocessed raw fruit and vegetables transformed her medical diagnosis into #well-being

It got me reflecting on the #medicinal powers of many vegetables and fruits God has blessed us with and how healthy life would have been at the beginning in Eden - no chemicals, preservatives, additions, genetically modified, chemically modified and all sorts of modification to natural products. I remembered my grandfather prescribing plants, seeds, roots, stems to sick people when I was growing up. These cured various ailments without taking pills.

As Christians one of our regular, consistent and heartfelt prayer points is about good health.  When we pray for good health, we forget that He has already given us the ingredients for good health. Unfortunately many do not use wisdom to eat healthy, to be active and exercise self-discipline. I was also in this category before 😢😢😢😢. Thank God for revelation.

A definition of herb is any plant whose leaf, flower or seed is used for in cooking to add flavour or medicine. Right from the beginning Elohim put medicine in our food! I am not advocating for raw food eating. But to encourage better and healthier eating lifestyle among Christians. Enough dying from bad eating #lifestyle choices. God has provided our medicine in the plants and fruit he created from the beginning of the foundation of the earth. Eat more unprocessed fruit and vegetables. Unbelievers have found the knowledge to good health so why not believers? The wisdom is there in the Holy Scriptures.

What is the point of spending hours praying to God for good health and you spend double the time loading your body with unhealthy food. 


Sorry, the stripes of Yeshua was not meant for your bad eating habits! Your good health start from your #healthy eating lifestyle.

I sure need this teaching myself. 

#PrayerforToday 9th January 2018


Almighty Father, in the name of Yeshua Ha Mashiach, give me wisdom and common sense to take care of my body in a healthy way. Help me to be courageous and self disciplined in what I feed my body so that I will enjoy good health even as my soul prospers. Amen.

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ).

#AdeolaAkintoye ©


No comments:

Post a Comment