Wednesday 21 February 2018

#WordforToday 21 Feb 2018 I am not created for mediocrity



You are the light of the world. (Matthew 5:14)

Anyone who desires wisdom should open the bible and study. Every time I open my bible to study, I get immersed in the nuggets of wisdom. I am amazed that many Christians are not transformed by what they read in the Holy Scriptures.

One of the reasons why I became so passionate about leadership was my concern about the gap between what the bible says believers are - the salt of the earth and the light of the world - and what the reality is. Reading and re-reading, meditating on the word of God continues to show that many of us Christians do not truly understand our identity in Christ not to talk about living it. I believe if we do, our light will shine so brightly. Everywhere we go we become agents of positive transformation. We are light and light is good (Genesis 1:4).

Let us look around us in our communities, apart from Sundays when we see the congregations of Christians, how and where are we transforming families, communities, nations and the world? And please don’t say they do it in secret so that our Father will reward us in secret. Even if in secret, the impact will be evidenced openly. Where there is light, it is not possible for darkness to dominate. Our light must shine in the darkness of this world.

Jesus is the light of the world. In Him is life and that life is the light of mankind (John 1:3). In Him we have life and we become children of light. How can we carry the light of Christ and we are not lighting up our world?

For anyone to transform others you must first transform your own life; your way of thinking, your belief system, your mind-set. You have to understand yourself, God’s gift in you and be aligned to God’s purpose.

As children of light, we should be operating in excellence. I have come across some
https://rochemamabolo.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/mediocrity.jpg
Christian who are struggling in their job. Some are terribly unhappy; some are not excellent in their work and some operate in mediocrity. It is very sad because these are not reflection of who we are meant to be.

Many are in the wrong job for their skill-set; some are too laziness to put in the hard work required; others have not bothered to develop or increase their knowledge and skill set, they are operating with undeveloped or out of date skills. Some operate using another person’s destiny as a yardstick. Because somethings worked well for someone does not mean it will be same for you.

I am of the school of thought that believes, knowing Jesus gives you unlimited access to wisdom, knowledge and understanding. But, to apply this in your life, you must have a level of self-awareness about yourself as God created you and your new identity in Jesus.

To be continued...

#PrayerforToday 21st February 2018
Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of my salvation. May I live as the light of the world. Help me to have understanding of who I am in Christ, and to boldly be His ambassador here on earth. In the name of Yeshua my Lord and Saviour I pray. Amen.

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ).
#AdeolaAkintoye ©

No comments:

Post a Comment