Thursday 22 February 2018

#WordforToday 22nd February 2018 I am not created for mediocrity (Part 2)

You are the light of the world. (Matthew 5:14)

As the light of the world (in Christ) we are not created to be mediocre. In my last blog, I mentioned that before we can transform others, communities or the world, we need to first transform ourselves. The grace of God that we carry through Jesus has given us immeasurable gifts. But how can we use these gifts if we are not even aware of them. Understanding who you are is one of the important enablers of living as light of the world. Taking the time to discover your strengths (and weaknesses) will help you to identify and use your gifts.

If you are struggling in your career as an example, understanding what you are good at and what you are not good at will help you to assess whether you are in the wrong career. It is not all about your enemy wanting to make life difficult for you. 

One of the ways that helped me to discover my purpose was taking a journey of self-discovery. As I began to understand those things I do and do well with enjoyment and passion, I began to understand God’s purpose for my life. Studying the bible helped me to understand that God has fashioned me with gifts for the work He would have me do. The revelation of my new identity as a son of God gave me the confidence to use my gifts. There is no way I would be in the wrong career, miserable, under-performing or mediocre when I am using the gift in me in Christ.

We sometimes blame the wrong people for our own mistakes and bad decisions. We take some decisions because of our own desires. We look at the ingredient of someone else’s success and we want to mix our own exactly like that. No two persons, even twins have been created with exactly the same DNA.

Every child of God must seek to understand the skills, abilities and talents God has put in them. Study yourself for what you like and dislike; ask those around you for the strengths they see in you; ask your maker for revelation of His gifts in you. Then critically look at where you are in life right now, what you are doing at this time in your life. Are you using those abilities, talents and skills? If yes, fantastic. If no, you will be like I was eight years ago. In a place where I was not happy, fulfilled and performing optimally.

https://rochemamabolo.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/mediocrity.jpg
Knowing my gifts and knowing Christ gave me the courage to take a step of faith by taking the decision to live a purposeful life. A life where I am fully utilizing the gifts God has put in me. It took a journey of self-discovery and understanding my identity in Jesus to take that bold and courageous step.

Don't settle for a mediocre life because it has become easy and comfortable. Remember it is living below who God has created you to be. The illumination of your light is barely enough to light your own life not to talk about those around you. It is so dim; you  need the light of others around you to lit your way.

Wake up! Do a deep reflection on who you are in Christ. Take off the garment of mediocrity. Be bold and courageous. Jesus died for you because you are worth it. Don't waste His grace in your life. Discover your gifts. Step out and use them. And let your light shine that people will see your good works and give glory to your Father in Heaven.

#PrayerforToday 22nd February 2018
Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of my salvation. May I live to fulfill Your purpose for my life. I take off the garment of mediocrity. I pray that any of Your children struggling with their identity in Christ will be transformed by the renewal of their mind. In the name of Yeshua my Lord and Saviour I pray. Amen.

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ).

#AdeolaAkintoye ©

No comments:

Post a Comment