Monday 5 February 2018

#WordforToday 5th February 2018 Bound in service without wages


Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God. Romans 1:1


What an extraordinary and perfect self introduction for his audience. It stated his life commitment, his calling and his purpose. One of the ways Apostle Paul consistently referred to himself was a bondservant of Jesus Christ.

If you were to say anyone is a bondservant in the part of the world I live, one would get "Modern day slavery." The concept of bondservant immediately conjures a slave, someone in service to another without their consent. Oxford dictionary defines a bondservant as a person bound in service without wages.

From the life of the Apostles, we could see that they were called to follow Jesus, and they willingly left all. Their lives were transformed by the power of the Holy SpirIt and they lived a sold out life for the gospel. They were driven by the love of Christ and committed to the spread of the good news. They were willing to be bound in service of the Kingdom without wages till death. The promise of eternal life was their reward.


Bondservant is a decision not a commandment from Jesus. In fact He said in John 15:15 “No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.” 

Yet, a bondservant knows what his master is doing and does the same. Because the Almighty Father gave all mankind freewill, they could have left the service of Jesus any time but they chose to stay for the rest of their lives. They, by their own free will became a bondservant of Christ for life.


Many Christians refer to themselves as bondservant of Jesus. But being a Bondservant is not by mouth only but in words and deeds. The lives and lifestyle of the early Apostles proved this. Their whole life was in service to Jesus. They were willing, ready and most did die because of him and his good news to all mankind. They were proud to refer to themselves as bondservants because their lives also reflected it.


Are you a bondservant of Jesus? Is your life a reflection of it?


#PrayerforToday 5th February 2018

Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of my salvation. I give myself to you. Use me oh Lord. I consecrate my life to you. Let me be a living sacrifice. In the name of Yeshua my Lord and Savior I pray. Amen


I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ).
#AdeolaAkintoye ©

No comments:

Post a Comment