Monday 26 February 2018

#WordforToday 26th Feb 2018 Designer Wear.


“But put on the Lord Jesus Christ,..” ‭‭Romans‬ ‭13:14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


When I was younger, I thought it does not really matter the clothes you wear as long as it looks good on you. It was not about quality but what you can afford. Boy! What did I know.

Clothes transforms how you look. You can go from plain to beautiful; from ordinary to classy.
In my life, there are some clothes I wear when I want to be a couch potato (lounging on my settee and watching TV). In my career, there are clothes for meetings where you want to show leadership and others for Friday casuals. The clothes you wear has a way of not only changing your appearance, it portrays a lot about you as well.

Why is it that there is something different about designer outfit? If you have not worn one before you might think what is the big deal. But trust me, when you do, there is a difference; the quality, the texture, the shape everything just feels perfect. When you put it on, it even transforms the way you carry yourself. Its one of those times that it's wonderful to have money!

If you were given two clothes, one a dirty, stained, tattered gown. And the other a pure linen spotless perfectly fitted gown. Which would you choose?

Everyone was invited to the wedding banquet. A man did not have on a wedding garment. He was thrown out (Matthew 22:11-13). Why? If what we wear does not matter? This man was not properly attired for the occasion. 

The Kingdom of God requires the right cloth. A white garment without spot or wrinkle. The garment of righteousness.

Paul exhorted us to “put on Christ”. When we are clothe with Christ, it transforms our whole life. God sees us wrapped in His Son and He sees righteousness and holiness. It immediately gains us entrance into His presence. We have His attention.

We are to put on Christ. No one will put Him on for you. You have to do it yourself. The garment is available, laid out waiting for you. Take off the old cloth, dirty, spotted, stained and put on the garment of righteousness that is Christ Jesus.

Your cloth does matter.


#PrayerforToday 26th February 2018
Almighty Father, thank You for the gift of my salvation. Thank you for clothing me with Your garment of Righteousness. Help me never to take it off. In the name of Yeshua my Lord and Saviour I pray. Amen.

I pray this inspires you to be more and do more for Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ).

#AdeolaAkintoye ©

No comments:

Post a Comment